Difundimos esta posición en Alemania:
PhD position: Formal methods in control (Munich, Germany)
We invite applications for a doctoral researcher position in the field of formal methods in control. The successful candidate is expected to advance the state of the art of abstraction-based synthesis and verification, to facilitate routine and efficient application of the approach to nonlinear continuous-state plants and complex specifications. Depending on background and interests of the candidate, the research focus will be either on algorithms and
software development, or on theoretical foundations.
* MSc degree (or equivalent, giving access to doctoral studies) in Mathematics, Systems and Control, Computer Science, or a related field. Students about to complete their MSc will also be considered.
* Strong theoretical or mathematical background, and a strong interest in dynamical or control systems.
* Programming skills.
* Efficient communication skills in English.
In addition, an intended focus on algorithms and software requires past exposure to and strong interest in professional-grade software development, while for a focus on theoretical foundations a strong mathematical or theoretical background is needed.
Experience in one of the following fields would be a plus but is not necessarily required:
Set-valued or validated numerics; dynamic programming; formal methods in control; reactive synthesis; information-based complexity / optimal recovery.
The position is full-time and paid according to pay scale «TVOeD Bund, E 13». Initial appointment is for two years, with possible extension contingent on availability of funds and research performance. The position is open to applicants worldwide; no special security clearance necessary.
Your complete application consists of the following documents, which should be sent as a single PDF file to the email address given below (deadline: May 5, 2019):
* CV with photo
* One-page cover letter (clearly indicating available start date as well as relevant qualifications, experience and motivation)
* University certificates and transcripts (both BSc and MSc degrees)
* Contact details of up to three referees
* Possibly an English language certificate and a list of publications
All documents should be in English or German.
Email: email@example.com, Subject: PhD ref 9xfb6
Bundeswehr University Munich, Germany
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Institute of Control Engineering